#QH10 'Wagara' sashiko panel INDIGO
This stunning large sashiko panel from QH Textiles has a great selection of designs. Printed in silver on a heavier weight cotton that's easy to stitch (similar to some of the Olympus kit fabrics) it includes -
- nine larger 10in (25cm approx) squares that combine traditional sashiko designs and kamon crests.
- twelve smaller 3 1/2in (9cm approx) squares , six with kanji and six with smaller patterns.
- one rectangular panel featuring sashiko patterns in circles, approx 12 x 7in (30.5 x 18cm).
- one rectangular panel with a large noshi bundle design, 23 x 10in (58.5 x 25 cm) approx.
- one rectangular panel with bamboo and dragonflies, 17 x 10 inches (43 x 25 cm) approx.
Total panel size is 39in (100cm) high x 43/44" (110cm) wide, printed across the full width of the fabric width.
Hand printed in Japan
Stitching suggestions for the panel -
There are so many possibilities for these panels. Either stitch it as a complete panel for a wallhanging or as a quilt centre, or cut the panel along the lines between the squares and use it to make other things - the larger panels would be great for projects like place mats, cushion centres, bag panels etc. while the smaller ones would make lovely coasters, greetings card panels or combine with patchwork for block centres. I suggest edging any raw edges with a machine zigzag or narrow overlock stitch to prevent fraying, and cutting the panel into smaller pieces at the beginning if that is how you are going to stitch the panels - it is always easier to stitch a series of small panels rather than one large one.
The indigo is the super dark 'kon iro' shade, similar to the colour of Yuza Sashiko Guild's fabric, which may look black in some lighting. It isn't a natural indigo, so it won't come off on your hands or run. It is the same colour as the other larger QH panels, like 'Seasons Greetings'.
Sashiko Cloth by QH Textiles (Australia)
Printed with water-soluble ink - marks wash out